Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Memos


Good Monday morning everyone!  I don't know about you, but July kinda kicked my butt (even being on vacation for 2 weeks!) and August is looking pretty stinking busy too!  2015 is FLYING by, it'll be the holidays before we know it!

The weekend around here was full of gardening, chicken cooping, parties and a full day of church activities.  Our garden is still doing great, the corn is the only thing we haven't been able to enjoy yet, and I'm not sure if it will actually produce anything, but there are plenty of baby corn cobs growing and I hope they make it!  We're still on Operation First Egg Watch at Cope's Chicken Coop.  The girls have been going into the boxes at least a little to check them out because the golf balls I put there have been moved around and the pine shavings have been rearranged.  I'm not being very patient for that first egg! 

One thing the weekend didn't lack was yummy food!  Friday night I made this casserole with fresh squash and zucchini from the garden and it's a keeper for sure.  My husband loves casseroles and stuffing - so this one was a hit before he even tried it.


Saturday morning I made more zucchini bread and tried this recipe for lemon zucchini bread.  It was good, but definitely needs the glaze or more lemon zest/juice in the mix for a bit of a flavor boost.  With the glaze it's delicious!

 


Sunday after church we hit up the local Asian bistro for their lunch special.  It's $7.25 for your choice of entrée and rice, sweet carrots and your choice of sushi or egg/spring roll.  I had the California roll and RC had a cucumber roll.  Very good and lots of food for the price!

     
Sunday evening was make your own pizza night with fresh veggies from the garden - I loved it!  These crust come in a pack of 3 at WalMart for $2.50 and they worked perfectly!
 


For Meatless Monday - I'm going to use these patty pan squash on the grill as a "steak" if you will and serve with fresh zucchini and yellow squash on the grill as well.  We may even toss a few green beans on there and see how they turn out!
 
I've shared this song on Monday music before, but we sang it again yesterday at church - and while it's a stretch for my normal "praise music" I really, really like it! 
 

 
This is a new one we sang yesterday and it's great - I love learning new songs and we have such talented musicians at New River - and the cutest bass player ever, however I may be slightly biased :)
 
 
Finally a few not me Monday thoughts for your enjoyment...
 
While free ranging my chickens on Saturday, I didn't stand with the girls at my feet yelling at the top of lungs at the hawks trying to swoop down while my husband set up the playpen for them.  I have more couth than that and would never holler at random wild birds - nope, not me.
 
I certainly didn't make a video of myself trying to get all of the chickens out of the run to free range only to play it back and think, oh geez, do I really sound like that?!?!  I certainly didn't play it for my sister and one of her friends Saturday and she told me never to play it again.  Nope, not this girl.
 
I obviously didn't forget to check my husband's closet to make sure he had pants to wear to church all day yesterday playing four services and realize at 6am that he was wearing jeans that were quite snug and would have to endure uncomfortableness because of me all day.  Surely I would never do that, right?  So thankful for a gracious husband who forgives me when I am not quite with the program.
 
That's all for this Monday folks.  Have a great day everyone!
 
From hot and sunny SC,
Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Lemon Zucchini Bread! Sounds yummy! I might have to try that!! LOL...love the Not Me's!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete