Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday to you wherever you are!  Here's some thoughts from a little town in SC this Tuesday morning!

1.  I took an unintended hiatus from blogging because life was just too busy and I didn't have any blog posts planned out to execute quickly last week.  I am trying to get back on schedule this week.

2.  Speaking of busy life...I don't know about you, but some days I look up and it's 3pm and I think what the heck have I done all day?  I have these to do lists and some of them feel like I wrote them back in 1987 because it's taking me so long to get them done.

3.  I have had some random swelling in my left ankle for 3 days and thankfully today it's looking better, though still not 100%,  but I still haven't figured out what triggered it.  No soft drinks, salt intake about the same, drinking water except for some sweet tea Saturday at my scrapbooking day.  I, of course, set off to Google about what causes swelling - geez - why do I do that to myself? I am just monitoring my intake of water, steering clear of any soft drinks and hoping it was a fluke and not any of the things I read about. Once again, Google is NOT my friend.

4.  My husband is sitting at the tire shop with my car as I type this and just messaged me that I need 4 tires instead of two.  Two weeks paycheck for childcare gone.  Poof.  Oh well, I guess that's why I'm doing it, to help offset the budget.  But $140 each for tires hurts my feelings, and my wallet.  Bummer.  The mechanic said my right tires were the worst and it looked like I had been driving on a racetrack.  Nope, just 485.

5.  My Etsy shop has been doing great these past few weeks - and it seems to come in spells.  I just sent an order to Pennsylvania and got one yesterday to send to New Mexico.  Pretty neat!  Haven't checked it out yet?  Here's the link if you'd like to - SmallTownGirlDesign

6.  My inlaws are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary at the end of this month and we are throwing them a party - so planning and prepping is well under way.  I am making some super cute centerpieces, I hope they'll be cute anyway, with paper flowers in the jewel tones we are using for decorations.  I'll be sure to post pictures after the event.

7.  STILL on Operation Egg Watch at the coop 'round here.  I told my husband last night that I think we got chickens that don't lay eggs.  Ha!  I'm just being impatient I know, but dang, hurry up already!

8.  I'm having supper this week with two of my Nannie's kids headed to college on Friday - how is that even possible - I swear they were just starting kindergarten last week!  So proud of them as they go off to school, but I hate to see them grow up...life is flying by too, too fast!

9.  I have learned that I'm decidedly out of the loop when it comes to fancy smancy clothing stores that the cool kids (and adults) are into these days.  On two occasions this week, I've seen Instagram posts about oh I love these clothes from this store, and oh we had a party themed from that store.  I honestly had NEVER heard of either.  I am not sure if I'm living under a rock with my chickens or if that's just so far out of my budgetary realm that I'd never know it anyway. 

10.  I am on Day 11 of the Minimalist Game and it's getting a little tougher I'll be honest, not because of not having things to get rid of, I have plenty, but making time each day to get rid of stuff.  I worked ahead a bit yesterday because I knew today was going to be busy and I have to watch children the next 3 days.  If you haven't read about the declutter your life plan - you can do it here

That's it for today everyone!  Have a great day!  Be strong and courageous!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment