Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Favorites

Whew! We made it!  Friday is finally here!  I managed to blog all five days and worked four of those days!  Yay me!  This was my first week with four days of Nannie"ing" and it went well.  It's still going to be an adjustment being committed for four days a week, but we'll get there!

I'm linking up with Momfessionals, Grace and Love Blog and A Little Bit of Everything and for Friday Favorites - be sure to link up or check them out!



My Friday Favorites are going to be random, and I mean really, really random! Here we go!


Favorite Quick Biscuit Recipe:  Mayonnaise Biscuits

It sounds weird, but they are super easy and super yummy and do NOT taste like mayonnaise!

2 cups self rising flour
1 cup milk (I use fat free)
6 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Duke's)

Mix together, but don't overwork.  I use muffin tins to get a uniform size and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are brown to your liking.  I have added Tastefully Simple's Spinach and Herb Dip Mix, Italian Seasoning and even cheese to these just to change them up, just a little of any goes a long way, do it to your taste.  I often halve the recipe since there are just 2 of us.  I use a large cookie scoop to put into the tins.  You can scoop onto a baking sheet, but I don't really like them flattened out.


Favorite Baby Wearing Wrap:  Sleepy Wrap ( Now known as a Boba Wrap)

I purchased my Sleepy Wrap from a children's consignment sale years ago and the name has been changed to Boba Wrap.  You can check it out here.  I'm a plus size gal and the idea of baby wearing is a bit intimidating when baby carriers have buckles, latches and snaps not meant for us fluffy girls.  Other brands, like a Moby Wrap, are similar, but have double the width of fabric and it's just too much to handle.  I like the Boba Wrap because it is lightweight, I can tie it to fit my proportions and it comes in many colors.  Learning to wrap and baby wear takes no time at all and it's the best hands free option in my opinion.  I am looking forward to utilizing it with sweet Caroline in the upcoming months - we tried it out for a bit on Monday.
 
 
 
Favorite Chicken Related Gift So Far:
So, you don't have to be a chicken mama to enjoy this gift, but I am, and I do.  My sister gave me these reusable containers for eggs and I love, love, LOVE them!  I love opening the door and seeing my girls' hard work :) Aren't they beautiful!
 
 
My Favorite Custom Order through my Etsy Shop so far:

Ok, so to be fair, I've had a few favorites, but this set was one I did for a Christmas gift and it turned out SO super cute.  The recipient goes to church with us and just moved into a new house and can't wait to finish decorating her laundry room with the signs!  Sweet! I hope to have a set in my shop SmallTownGirlDesign soon!
 
 
Finally- my favorite Winnie the Pooh meme:

Yep, this one is pretty perfect.  And I am ROCKING the winter body! HA!
 
 
Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by Faith, Family and Friends!

Stephanie
 

 


2 comments:

  1. omg that sign is fabulous! i may need to order one myself! your blog is adorable! i can't wait to follow more and so glad i found you on the linkup! hope you'll stop by mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a stop by your blog and bookmarked so I can read some more this weekend! Thanks for coming by via the link up and have a great weekend!

      Delete