Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Reflecting, Remembering and Rejoicing

It's been a while since I've blogged, mainly because we are just so busy living life between two houses, I hardly have time to catch my breath let alone blog about it.  But it's July and we'll be headed on vacation shortly and then when I return, the countdown to the end is on.  That sounds so ominous doesn't it?  Well it kind of is.  I have been caring for children in my home since my mom passed away in October of 1996 and at the end of the summer I'll be closing the doors on that chapter in my life.  I have undergone many changes over the years, had frustrations, wonderful days and not so wonderful days but for the most part my job has been my life.  I've identified with it, been identified by it and known pretty much as the "Nannie" for all those years.  And it's been great.  I've made it through many rough times with the love of the families around me and hugs and kisses from my precious babies.  I was able to be removed from the world when I needed to be, but also felt a little secluded sometimes on the bad days when I felt like I was up to my ears in diapers and whiny children.  I needed both of those to began the restoration process and be able to move on.  God has miraculously drawn me to a place of humility and grace and allowed me to be married to the man of my dreams and begin the next chapter of my life with him by my side.  I am rejoicing in the fact that at 38 years old I get to make a fresh start, claim some things in my life as my own and explore the 'me' side of my life for the first time ever.  And while it's exciting, it's also terrifying.  Peeling back the layers of Nannie, CCH church member and lifelong Hburg resident leaves me feeling vulnerable and a little 'deep end without a paddle'.  My life after the transition will consist majorly of cleaning out one house and preparing the other for our life together.  It's a daunting task, but I am going to try to embrace it with wide open arms and see just what God has planned for me!  Blessings to all who have stumbled by here!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment