Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Infertility Sucks!

We had our second round of egg retrieval yesterday. It was a long day, but I spent much of the afternoon sleeping off the pain meds. We were told at my last ultrasound that we were looking at 10 follicles. 6 on one side and 4 on the other. They only retrieved 5 eggs and the report we got this morning was that only three were mature and only two of those fertilized. After 60ish shots, 5 ultrasounds and more bloodwork than I can remember...we have 2 embryos. Best case is they both grow like they are supposed to. So that's what we pray now. That God has a plan for us and He will work that out with the embryos we have. Waiting is maddening. Crying is plentiful, especially today, though unproductive in the big scheme. I am waiting to talk to my nurse to see if something went wrong, or if they can tell me why my bloodwork and ultrasounds seemed good, yet the outcome was poor. Very frustrating to say the least. So now we pray and trust God.

My poor hand...the nurse was very thorough in the taping.

And us before I headed to the surgical room and before I got the goofy juice...but I don't remember anything after the anesthesiologist said I am not leaving your side, now lay your hands on you chest. And then I woke up in the recovery room.

No comments:

Post a Comment