Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Happy Tuesday Morning Folks!  Here's a few, well 10 to be exact, thoughts rolling around in my head today!

1.  My husband and I got up to walk at 4:50am today.  I think I'd rather be fat than ever see 4am. But we are going to try again to get back in a routine - walking in the evenings is not our friend, there are too many distractions and other things that come up.  At 4:50am - I promise there is nothing else on my to do list - except sleep of course.

2.  We recently found out that the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel had been added to our U Verse package and I am super pumped.  I have been wanting to watch the Cedar Coves series, now I need to find a way to go back and watch the older ones!

3.  We are STILL waiting for eggs at the Cope Coop!  No submissive squatting (which indicates to the rooster that they are ready for baby making and is supposedly the last thing that happens before laying begins) but their combs are getting redder and they are checking out the nesting boxes, so I hope it will be soon!  I am quite impatient!

4.  I have been doing the Minimalist Game this month, where you trash, donate, recycle or otherwise dispose of the number of items corresponding with the date.  You can read about it here and follow along if you like.  Use the hashtag #MinsGameAug2015 if you'd like to follow along with us or #minsgame to connect with those from the original website. It's been pretty easy so far, but thinking ahead to the days where I have to get rid of 10 plus items every day - that's a bit daunting!  We'll see how I do!

5. I am going to attempt making pickles for the first time without my momma today.  I actually cheated and bought a mix because the ingredients were a little daunting.  I don't even like dill pickles, but we'll see how the hubby likes them.  I'll be canning some green beans as well while I've got the processing bath going.  Here's to fresh veggies this winter!
6.  I have a ladies bible study leader meeting today, which means summer is drawing to a close.  We officially get started back on August 25th and my group that I'm co-leading is doing The Holiness of God by RC Sproul.  I've never heard of it before, so I'm excited to get started with it, even if it means summer vacation is over!

7.  I am still toying with the idea of a fall garden.  I've never planted one before - so I need to do a bit more research and get some seeds ASAP if that's the plan.  I know many people plant fall veggies and herbs - just haven't ever tried.

8.  I would love to take a sewing class and a sign language class over the winter.  I have looked into both, but with my schedule it's been impossible.  I know the sewing basics, but not enough to make any clothes or sew anything intricate for my Etsy shop.  I've always been fascinated with sign language and did learn a little bit to use in my home daycare, but I'd like to be more conversational with it if possible.

9.  I have a random lingering headache that is driving me batty.  It's sometimes "sinusy" feeling behind my eyes, but sometimes at the base of my neck running up and down almost like a crick.  I haven't googled because when I do a hang nail turns into a stage four inoperable tumor and I don't have time for that kinda stress this week.

10.  I have a scrapbooking customer whose husband just took a pastor position in Alaska.  I freaked out a little about moving one state down.  She literally went from NC to Alaska.  I can't wait to follow along with their new life via Faceook.  Crazy times!

Until Next Time,
Stephanei

No comments:

Post a Comment