Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Memos


Good Morning Morning Blogland!

This weekend was a blur for me and I'm feeling the after affects this morning for sure, even with a cup of coffee almost finished - whew!

My inlaws celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this past Saturday and we (their children and spouses) hosted a party in their honor with about 80 friends and family and it went quite well if I do say so myself! Here's the happy couple posing with their photo from 50 years ago!  I love this!  The guest list included friends of 50 years, church friends from multiple churches throughout their lives and family, some that traveled a couple of hours to join us.  The fun thing was that because I married into a family that I grew up with way back in the day, I got to see some familiar faces that I haven't seen in more than 20 years.  I didn't remember all of them, but to hear them speak of my parents warmed my heart - I miss them every single day.  It's a blessing to know that people have such fond memories of them and that because of what God did in bringing RC and I together, the circle is still unbroken long after my parents left this earthly world and I am so very thankful for that.

50 years is quite an accomplishment and while I know it's not likely that RC and I will see that milestone since we got married so late in life, it's a great testimony of faith, perseverance and love that couples like my inlaws stay married so long, and even seem to enjoy each other's company still after all this time.  We live in a disposable society in 2015 and it's wonderful to be witness to what God has done in their marriage over the years and their faithfulness to stick with each other even when there were times that "in good times and bad" I'm certain.  Here's a few more photos of the celebration - I loved their "first dance" - they were so sweet and made me smile to see them smile, laugh and kiss while everyone watched.  And I had to laugh at my mother in law fussing at my father in law not to spin her around because she has vertigo issues and watching him tease her.



We are not a meatless meal today because I didn't plan ahead for it. But for next week, the plan is this recipe I found on Pinterest that looks really yummy!

This is a good Monday morning song, a few years old, but I like it's get up and go for the Lord!



This is a fun song we have done a few times at New River and I think it's great!
 
 
Not me Monday thoughts for today - I certainly have NOT consumed Hershey nuggets two days in a row as part of my breakfast.  I am certainly more conscientious about my diet than that and wouldn't consume empty calories first thing in the morning!
 
I also did not buy a pack of croissants at Target yesterday while shopping for a baby shower gift and consume them on my own over a two day period - I mean they have 18 grams of fat EACH - I would so NOT eat them all myself.  Duh!


I did NOT have a pep talk with my chickens this morning that we are in week 22 of their lives and it's time to get with the program and lay some eggs and let go of the freeloading teenager phase of their lives.  'Cause only crazy chicken ladies do stuff like that and I'm certainly NOT that,  for sure.  Ahem.

I did NOT have a good ol' fashioned hoe down in my living room listening to David Crowder's version of  "I'll Fly Away" from Passion 2013 this morning while uploading the videos to my blog this morning.  My dogs certainly didn't look at me like I'd lost it when I said (out loud) "come on dance with momma" - ha! I'm a perfectly sane 41 year old who would never do such a thing!

Have a great week folks,
Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment