Tuesday, March 11, 2014

5 Things That Are Making Me Happy (right now)

Another idea from my what to blog list is name five things that are making me happy right now. I like it! So here we go.
1) Jesus - I am thankful that a 40 year old who still makes many mistakes and is far from perfect can be a child of God. And nothing can change that. He loves me forever, despite my shortcomings. He continues to bless me in ways I never imagined.
2) My sweet husband. Honestly, it is ridiculous how much I love him. Really. Like it would annoy me to hear someone go on about their husband like I do. But I can't help it. He is by and far the perfect man for me. He isn't perfect, but God has blessed me with the man I cannot imagine my life without.
3) My sister. We have a relationship that has had many stages over the years. She was my bratty little sister with all that entails for many years, delighting in getting me in trouble with our parents. Then she became someone I would take care of almost in a parental role after our parents passed. She went to college, started a job and got a place of her own and is one of the most driven business women I know. Now she is my daily confidant, encourager and dare I say it, friend. We have our moments, but I couldn't be me without her.
4)Tango - the app. I love to see some of my former daycare kids an hour away via Tango. Hearing their voices and seeing their faces light up when they see their Nannie warms my heart in such a precious way. Here is a pic of a peek a boo session via Tango. Adorable, right? Well she is...I look a little possessed, but that's not the point.

5) Spring like days. The weather today is beautiful. Cold weather is on the way back in, but it is in fact March, so what can you expect? I love that spring is a season of new growth, renewal and new beginnings. I am planning the garden and laying out new flower beds. Making the hobey do list of yard projects. I love the mild temps before the heat hits. I don't care for summer heat and humidity at all! So I'll enjoy pre spring and spring as long as it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment