Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Breaking and Failing and Hoping and Praying

NaBloPoMo January 2015
 
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Have you ever tried to break a habit and failed? What made it so difficult to break?

Can a habit be something you DON'T do?  If that's the case, I have tried to break quite a few habits and failed.  I excel at NOT eating healthy and exercising, NOT sitting still for devotional and Bible study time, and NOT staying on top of my housework.  Three things on my goal list for this year and three habits I hope to break - i.e. get INto the habit of doing.  The difficulty of all three boils down to commitment.  If it was simply a desire to WANT to do these things, I would be rocking it!  But making time, making it a priority, is where I struggle greatly.  I am trying to finagle my schedule in such a way to build in time for the important things this year and reduce the likelihood for shortage of time to be the reason for not achieving my goals.  It's early in the month yet, but I am encouraged by the realistic goals I've set and really hope and pray that I'll be able to check these things off the list each month and get into some great habits this year!

Blessings,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment