Monday, January 4, 2016

So, let's catch up!

Good Monday Morning!
 
It's been a while since I've posted about my sweet chickens....well, let's be honest, it's been a while since I posted about anything at all.  Last we crossed paths, we were still on operation egg watch.  If you follow me on Instagram (Born2Crop if you'd like to) you got to see the big day.  I was actually IN the coop WITH my camera when the event took place, totally by chance, but it SO super thrilled me to be there!  My sweet Emma Rae did the honors of the first egg and when I picked it up, it was still warm.  Talk about WEIRD!  Since then, all of the girls are with the game plan and even with the shorter days that cause less frequent egg laying we are getting 4 eggs most days.  It's really quite fun to interact with them, give them treats and of course gather eggs.  If you've never had fresh eggs, I highly recommend it.  Here are the gals just this past week wandering around in the yard for some supervised free ranging time which is their favorite activity! I can't believe how big they've gotten and how each has their own personality.  It's quite interesting to see the pecking order in action and I've had to put my fussy pants on more than once to break up a bully picking on a lower order gal.  Not in my coop!

 

Here's a random day in the yard giving them treats...they are so funny when they see the treat jars come out...it's a free for all to see who can get to me first!
All the poop, early mornings and work involved with keeping their coop and run is worth it when at the end of the week, the basket looks like this! :) 
 
In the rest of my world, we are still cleaning out my other house, but making progress, I am still watching a family of 3 kids on Thursdays and Fridays and today I add a sweet little 7 week old princess to my list of Nannie's kids on Monday and Tuesdays.  Her name is Caroline and I can't wait to get my snuggle on with her this week!  I guess this officially brings me out of retirement as Nannie with a 4 day work week - we'll see how much I like it in a month or two! 
 
RC is returning to work today after a week and a half off and that will be weird not to have him around all day for sure!   We just celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary on December 26th and couldn't be happier!  It's seriously hard to believe four years has passed since we said our I do's.  God has blessed me more than I ever thought possible by bringing us together!  Here is a shot from our annual anniversary pictures session and I absolutely ADORE it.  It was a hoot to get the shot, but worth it in the end!
 
2016 has plenty in store for us and I can't wait to get back to regular blogging and share it with y'all.  For today, we'll call it done - can't reveal everything the first day, right? 
 
Have a great day everyone!
Stephanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment