Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Happy Tuesday Everyone!  We survived the first Monday back after Christmas!  Here are a few random Tuesday thoughts running around in my head!

1- Taking the Christmas decorations down is just depressing!  I am happy to have things back in place, but not seeing my beautiful tree and fun little decorations everywhere just makes the house look blah.  I did decide to leave my tree up in my sunroom for a little while longer since it has mostly snowflake ornaments from my Margaret Furlong collection.

2 - This is my Bible study plan for January.  I tried to do the December one, but I'll be honest, I failed, big time with just not setting aside the time to do it with all of the craziness of the holiday season.  But it's a new month and a new day - and I have a notebook ready just for it (I'm an office supplies nerd, and I love all things paper, pen and pencils)  Feel free to follow along with me - it's not too late to get caught up!
     

3 - It is finally winter"y" feeling outside in SC - and for the first time in what feels like FOREVER, we have had a few dry days in a row!  It's pretty crazy how grumpy you can get from having to endure days upon day of dreary, rainy weather.  This Carolina girl needs sunshine.  Caring for chickens in the mucky yard is no fun either and I am so thankful for a break for a few days - the rain returns at the end of the week, so we'll enjoy it while it lasts.
 
4 - My first day with the sweet little one I mentioned yesterday went well.  Getting to know each other and how she likes to be held and fed and rocked and changed...that will take some time, but she already got out her first hissy fit while I was changing her diaper, so I know what she sounds like good and mad - glad we got that out of the way...lol!  I'm looking forward to getting to snuggle her again today and then her grandparents will each have her for a day before she spends the day with her daddy who is off on Fridays.  Here are a few pictures of our first day!
 
5 - Four years ago this week, I also spent my first day with another sweet little one, her mom tagged me in a picture on Instagram - I can't believe it's been that long!  Sweet Kendyl is a big 4 year old now, and I miss getting to be a part of her (and her sister and brother) lives on a daily basis.  They'll always be Nannie's kids no matter what!  Here is the picture from Kendyl's first day and a few from her birthday in November...I can't even handle how big she has gotten!
 
6 - I have committed to the Project 366 challenge for 2016 where you take (and share) a picture each day.  I am sharing them on my Instagram page (follow me at Born2Crop if you like) and using the hashtag #2016Project366.  Feel free to join up with me!
 
7 - New year means getting back on track with things in your life, right?  Well our top 3 items to work on in our house are working on our health, getting back to a budget and getting some big projects done both here in SC at our house and getting the house prepped for sale in NC.  I am going back to the envelope system around here for my budgeting, especially for the grocery store...it seems to be the most effective method for controlling excess spending.  What are some ways you budget that work for you?
 
8 - I am hoping to link up with other blogs this year and would love some suggestions of blog link parties that you love to follow, link up with or host.  If you pass by here and have a blog of your own, please comment and let me know - I would love to follow you and hear your story.
 
9 - I am excited about my tv shows coming back from their winter break.  Is that sad?  I have a few that I really love and a few that just fill  white noise void that I pay enough attention to not to be lost.  I can't believe American Idol is getting ready to start it's final season!  I am a fan from season one and I'll be sad to see it go!  I am going to tune in to Shades of Blue this week and give it a chance, although I'm not 100% sold on Jennifer Lopez in a leading role on TV.  We shall see!
 
10 -   One of my goals for 2016 is to get my craft room cleaned out by actually using my "stuff" to make things and either gift them or sell them in my Etsy shop SmallTownGirlDesign.  I have so many items that I bought with a purpose and they just sit there!  I am hoping to work that in on Mondays and Tuesdays while Caroline naps.  But first, I must get in their and organize a bit - and that's a whole project in itself. 

So there you have it y'all - tune in tomorrow for a Wordless Wednesday view of what I've been up to for the last few months!

Have a great day,
Stephanie
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I link to link parties everyday and it definitely has helped my blog grow! At the end of each of my posts I have links to each blog I linked up to that day! Let me know if you have any other questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm going to head over and jot them down so I can check them out! Thanks so much Lindsey!

      Delete