Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Yes, I'm late posting again.  I am trying to get caught up, I swear!  Vacation through this ol' gal for a loop.  First world problems, right?

So, without further delay, I give you Ten Tuesday Thoughts.

1.  Fever blisters are from the devil.  Straight from the pits of hell, I swear.  A combination of stressful days, too much such and wonky sunscreen caused an outbreak on Saturday and it has been a bear of a couple of days trying to get a handle on them - today's tip is cooled tea bags actually do provide a little comfort to raw lips.

2.  Coming "back to work"  even as a part time Nannie after 16 days off is no joke.  Not sure if it's my age or the fact that these 3 are challenging from the get go, but this ol' gal was whooped Monday night.  Had it not been for a momentary meltdown over pain in my lips and face, I would have been asleep before 10pm last night.

3.  My chickens have tripled in size since I left for the beach and they are getting ever so close to laying.  However, we have not complete their nesting boxes yet, so I'm hoping they're holding on for a few more days before they start.  Right now we are trying to survive the hot July days with watermelon, cucumbers and blocks of ice in their water, but I won't be sad for the low 90s coming after tomorrow for a few days.

4.  I have four super sized zucchinis that I have to find a use for tomorrow - they were left on the vine WAY too long and are past the regular use size for sure.   I have looked up recipes for zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini cake and zucchini brownies so far.  I'd like to try my sister's Vegetti (an as seen on TV product for making "veggie pasta" and see how we like that.

5.  My meatless meal last night was sautéed zucchini and onions with garlic in pasta sauce served over pasta with fresh green beans.  It was delicious!  I had to cut the pasta in small pieces before I ate it due to #1 - open sores and pasta sauce are not your friend.

6.  I have three patty pan squash from my garden that I can't wait to taste - they look like flat white pumpkins.  The friend I purchased the seedlings from said to slice and eat like regular squash.  I'm going to use them somehow in supper on Wednesday.

7.  I had toasted coconut ice cream while on vacation and I'd love to find a recipe for it to make it homemade.  I also had the Hershey Coconut Chocolate Almond while at the campground and was delish too - I'll be looking for it locally as well!

8.  Today is National Junk Food Day. Since I spent 16 days of vacation as if everyday was National Junk Food Day, I think I should refrain from celebrating today.  My stretchy shorts are screaming for mercy.  Just sayin'

9.  Tomorrow I'll be taking a day to cook some zucchini, pull weeds and other garden chores and go to the store as well as finish vacation laundry and do some much needed housework as we get to the end of July.  How is that possible?

10.  Tomorrow's post will be available in the morning, I hope.  I'm sharing a friend's post with a few comments of my own.  I'm looking forward to completing it!

Have a great afternoon,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment