Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday's Vacation Memories - afternoon edition

Well, Monday is here, vacation is over and I'm a bit out of the blogging loop.  I took my 2 weeks off and to be honest, my brain is a bit behind the times in keeping up, so I'm going to throw some of my favorite pictures of the vacation up here as a little recap, how 'bout it?

I only managed to get up at for the sun rise once and thought at 5:45am, I'd be alone on the beach, but how wrong was I? there were a dozen or so folks claiming their spots on the beach!  Now, mind you, you can't leave your items unattended until 8am (they are subject to disposal in the overnight hours), so these folks had to sit on the beach for 2 hours waiting for the time.  Front row spaces are at a price I suppose.  However, I'll take my chances on finding a spot when we finally get ready to come out on the beach.




My handsome hubby and I
My sister planned a day for our friends to head over to Southport, Carolina Beach and riding the ferry and it was SO much fun!  Here we are riding over the sound headed for Carolina Beach! We ate lots of yummy food and explored a bit and enjoyed the day with some great friends! If you ever get the chance to ride the ferry, you totally need to do it, it's a fun experience!  I love this picture of my husband and I...you know sometimes a selfie just works out well - and I love this one!   It's hard to believe that just four years ago this guy took a chance and slept in a tent outside our camper in the crazy hot weather and began a relationship with me.  I couldn't be more blessed if I tried!
Here are a few more favorites from the week!
 
This is off the shoreline of Carolina Beach on a HOT July afternoon!

 
I didn't forget about my girls while I was gone - and I loved this little chicken I found in an
antique shop in Southport  - It was a little pricier than I was willing to shell out, but cute nonetheless.!
Speaking of my chickens - we are officially in countdown mode for Operation Egg Watch - the breeder we purchased them from said they will start laying anytime as early as next week into about the next 6 to 8 weeks - this chicken mama is SUPER excited!  We are installing the nesting boxes this week and starting to mix in the layer food to help them be strong and healthy for egg laying soon!

Well, have a great week folks, I'll do my best to get back in the groove this week! :)

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment