Thursday, July 30, 2015

August Declutter or Bust

I am linking up again today for a Thinking Out Thursday post with Vanessa and Penny and I'm throwing down a challenge, a dare if you will, for an August Declutter!  Join me if you like in the effort to live life with less stuff - I so desire this in our home!  It's a bit scary to think about how much "stuff" I have for just "having's" sake and it's time to take action!

I saw this challenge over at Half Agony and Half Hope for a Simple August.  I have way too much "stuff" and I know it.  I have to get my "other" house (my childhood home where I lived from 1978 until 2012 with my parents and sister and 30 plus years of "stuff") cleaned out and maybe I need some motivation and accountability!  The idea behind this is pretty simple.  For each corresponding day of the month you trash, donate or recycle the number of items for the date.  Day one you must remove 1 item all the way to day 31 where you must remove THIRTY ONE items.  Yikes!  I can do this!  It's almost 500 items out of my house and it so needs to be done!  Want to join me?  Follow along with me on Instagram (Born2Crop) and use #MinsGameAug2015 so we can see your progress too!

This is the blog that the idea started from - I haven't read it all yet, so I can't speak for how realistic the idea as a whole is, but I do know I want a life with less stuff and more of the important things like time, peace of mind and fun!

 
Have a great day everyone!  Be bold and courageous!
 
Stephanie 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great challenge! Since we are moving I am skipping right to day 31! lol! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That sounds like a plan too! Technically, I've been moving for a couple of years, living in between 2 houses. This stuff has GOT to go!

      Delete