Monday, November 15, 2010

Celebrations

I celebrated my 37th birthday this weekend. I have NO idea where 37 years have gone...I really used to think that people my age were old, but I guess I no longer have that luxury! I've accomplished a lot in my 37 years, but also feel like I have so much I want to do and kinda feel like time is running out on some things that I feel strongly about. Like being a mom. Yes I have a home daycare and get to spend five days a week loving on babies. But they're not mine. And that's okay. But I do really desire to be a mom. And the clock is ticking on that. Just gotta keep praying for the Lord's guidance.

We celebrated with a party at my sister's on Friday complete with mashed potato bar and all the toppings, lots of yummy appetizers and dips and cupcakes, truffles and pastries...YUM! (NOT to forget the slushy grown up drinks and "serious" Choclatinis).The group above is the crew in attendance, minus Mary Ann who is taking the picture. Love my girls! I can't imagine my life without any one of the them in it. So here's to another year!

We also celebrated 34 years of my church, well, being a church! I haven't been there since the beginning, but pretty darn close...I'm pretty sure we started there in 1978 or 1979. So that's a pretty long time. But it's home and it's comfortable and it's "my" church. The Lord has been preparing me I think for maybe the idea of it's okay to not be at "my" church. But for right now, I'm staying put...until He leads me elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment