Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Moments

RC and I are spending a great amount of time praying, planning and preparing for the mission trip we are a part of that leaves this Friday for 8 days as well as our quickly approaching wedding day and I am constantly being reminded that God is so involved with our lives that it's just SO humbling. Yesterday morning at church we spent some time in special prayer for our trip and my church family laid hands on me and prayed for me and encouraged so much just by being committed to praying for us while we are gone, for the lives of the people we will meet and for our travels, safety and health.

I just don't even have the words to explain what is going on in my mind and heart these days. The simple fact that I am going into another country to share about Jesus with people who may or may not ever have heard the name God...just is overwhelming! God has my back and I'm completely NOT concerned that He is big enough to take little ol' me and do GREAT things in Peru. Not at all. Even with faith as small as that little mustard seed...what a wondrous thing takes place when it's cultivated and grown in faith, grace and love! I am very much looking forward to working with the children at the nightly meetings where I can interact, color, sing and just hang out and get to know them...I think it's going to be amazing to see the language barrier, the skin color, the culture shock for me, just melt away and God uses us for HIS purpose to go and tell others about Him. I'd be lying if I didn't share that the questions have floated through my mind..."who am I" to think I can go anywhwere and share about Jesus? I feel like such a novice and I've been in church my whole life. But I am trusting in the Lord to take that fear and concern and doubt away as he prepares my mouth to say and the people of Peru's ears to listen as I share the story of our Savior!

We were out and about in SC yesterday looking at wedding sites and just spending time together and I took this shot of the sunset over Lake Wylie.   We are scouting out places for an outdoor wedding in December, which sounds crazy, but we are having a simple ceremony and would love to have it by the lake...How could you not with a view like this???

No comments:

Post a Comment