Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Welcoming a New Pumpkin to the Patch

While I am working on my second post about Peru...I took a break and worked on some photos from a baby shower that my sister hosted this past weekend for a dear friend of ours, Deven.  I already care for her two other children, Peyton and Haila and we've know Deven for years.  I am so thankful for the Lord's hand in Deven's life, for the work He has done in beginning to restore her marriage and the blessing this new baby will be to all of us.  Little Kendyl Grace will be welcomed to the world in early December and I pray that God will continue to work in and through Deven and Erik to be wonderful parents to this child!  God can take the messiest of messes, the biggest bad decisions and the simply stupid things we do and use them for His purpose to do His will, and I am fully trusting that He will be able to do that in their lives!

My sister LOVES to host a party, to decorate and to cook yummy food...and this event was no exception.  Here's a sampling of the  decoration and food we had...


Here's a shot of the mom to be...looking great for only having a few weeks left!!!


Everyone had a great time, enjoyed the yummy food and wonderful fellowship!



My favorite gifts of the day included some personalized items that my sister got for little Kendyl and a super cute pair of bear slippers from Kendyl's grandmother....lots of cute clothes and some necessities too!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment