Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Peru...Part One

As most of you know I traveled to Peru for my first mission trip two weeks ago...It's really hard to believe that I've been home for a week already.  So much happened while I was there....watching God move in those sweet people's lives was simply amazing.  Stepping out of my comfort zone and knocking on doors and sharing about Jesus was a blessing...and one I'll not take lightly from now on.  We ARE called to share the good news - even if it makes us uncomfortable, especially if it does.  You don't have to go to Peru to do that of course!  Your neighbor, your co-workers, your family...do they see Christ in you?  Are you being a witness for Him?  I know I haven't been...and I am praying that God will use me and my experiences in 37 years to show others how BIG our God is and how much He loves them!!!

Here's a couple of collages of random pics from the first 2 days....

Our travels began in Charlotte on Friday and we arrived in Lima, Peru on Saturday morning and rode a 'bus', which was actually a really, really old Toyota van, to  Sullana...The other pictures are of our hotel and rooms...it was all very nice. 


These pictures are my first impressions of Peru...dry, dusty and unlike anything I've ever seen before...


One of the pastors that the teams had worked with before got married the Saturday we arrived and we attended the wedding.  Below are pictures of Randy and I (isn't he just too handsome all dressed up? ok...so I'm biased...I can't help it, but he does clean up quite well!) The group of girls are, from left, Katie (translator, originally from Indiana, but now lives in Peru), Noemi (translator for my team leader, Ivan and my helper/translator at the evening meetings with the kids), Edith (translator), Sarah (from NRCC - super sweet student and served on Randy's team), Jenna (another great student from NRCC - very quiet, but Randy said she did a great job at the mission site!) and then me, of course

The men from left are Carlos (translator), Randy, Ivan (my team leader), Chuck (NRCC keyboardist, photographer and new friend) Omar (my translator - bless his heart...he had to put up with a lot!) Dan (Pastor at NRCC and our group leader) and Danny (Dan's translator)

The newlyweds are in the bottom right and check out that multiple layered cake they had...it was something else!


I will share more later today hopefully...trying to get caught up and still take care of the kiddos!!! Blessings, S

No comments:

Post a Comment