Monday, August 8, 2011

Perspective

I went this morning to get my immunizations for international travel so that I can participate in the mission trip to Peru in October.  Not a fan of needles by any stretch of the imagination, nor a fan of taking the kids with me to places with lots of people and small rooms to be confined in, I was not looking forward to this 8:15am appointment.  But it had to be done, so I pulled my big girl panties up and off we went.  To be honest the consultation was much worse than the shots...the what if's, the you may feel this, all of that...was a little overwheleming.  But the three shots were not that bad.  But they did indeed hurt.  While complaining to RC, he reminded me...Three needles hurt a lot less than three nails.  Ouch.  Talk about perspective.  I will now quit whining.  And be thankful for the opportunity to go and spread the good news about Jesus in Peru. 

Have a great day,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment