Friday, August 12, 2011

Prayer, Preparation and Planning

Life for me has forever changed in so many ways recently and I just can't hardly wrap my head around it.  I am very fortunate to have so many people in my life to love and support me in all that I do and want to see what is best for me in the coming weeks, months and years. 

With every change in life, it would be nice to have a time for preparation and planning.  That's not always the case since sometimes we get thrown in the deep end and gotta start swimming right away.  Luckily none of the things in my life feel that way right now.  Which is so exciting and nervewracking at the same time.  You see, I am a first class procrastinator and don't always plan ahead, actually hardly ever plan ahead if I'm honest, and prepare for things I know are headed my way.  However...I am praying that God will guide me to make some changes now that will affect the future in positive ways like less stress and smooth transition into the next exciting phase of my life.

From things as simple as decluttering my home to more time consuming items like paying off some debt and making house repairs - there are plenty of things to be focused on.  I know that the Lord will make my path straight.  Of this I'm certain.  I just need to be in prayer and be preparing my heart and mind for what lies ahead and make my life a no freak out zone...not that I would ever procrastinate to the point of freaking out at the last minute or anything.  Ahem...anyway - I am very much excited about all of the things that lie ahead, some big, some small, some life changing, some just letting go of things that the Lord is guiding me away from.

I know that the Lord knows and loves me right where I'm at, and that it is His desire to see me learn, grow and go out and share His story.  I am trying to keep the focus on that.  Praying for His guidance in preparing for this mission trip and settling my heart and mind and focusing my attention to the important task of preparing my heart in the next seven weeks to reach out to the people in Sullana and minister to them.

I pray blessings on all who have passed by this post and hope that you will take time to pray as well for the plan God has for YOU in your life!

Blessings,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment