Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful for Things Thursday

Sometimes, when I have a series of bad days, I start to feel guilty for being so caught up in my own mess.  Does that make sense?  What I mean is, I have SO much to be thankful for, that the things in my life that are bothering me, well I just need to acknowledge that only I can make the changes to fix them and either do what needs to be done, or quit bellyaching about it.

I wrote recently about temptation and making decisions that are not the best for me, or trying really hard to make them.  Sometimes I feel so weighed down with the heavy decision making process that it 'feels' better to take the easy path rather than the right path.  But typically that path is filled with bad decisions, sinful behavior and destruction.  But I'm thankful to have God in my life, who gives me a nudge, sometimes even a push in the right direction when I'm headed astray.  Not to say that I always listen on the first try, but usually I end up falling in line eventually.

I am thankful today...
  • that even though I tried really hard to make a bad situation worse recently, things didn't go the way I thought they would and I was spared the heartache that was sure to follow
  • that my daycare opening has been filled with my previously cared for kids Peyton and Haila since their mom found a new job and is returning to work on Monday
  • that I have a new day today to make better decisions and stay off the dang easy path and steer towards the right one
  • that I have family and friends who love me, and help me even when they don't know that they are
  • that I have a job I love
  • that despite my shortfalls and sin, my God loves me and is still jealous for me
I am being motivated to make some changes in my life, both out of necessity and also out of sheer frustration with myself and finding myself in an impossible situation that only I can do something about (with God's help of course)  I've traveled this road unsuccessfully for many years, but really feel like it's key to me moving forward in my life.  So here's to the effort!

Today however, I am thankful, for the things I mentioned about and so many more...and just wanted to share.

Blessings,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment