Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Cousin and a New Happy Memory

Today would have been my dad's 70th birthday.  He passed away in 1996, but sometimes it feels like just yesterday.  Remembering his birthday is always kind of bittersweet, with memories of homemade cakes that he always said were wonderful, even if they were lopsided all the way to the year he died and spent his birthday in the hospital.  But today I have reason to remember and to celebrate!  My cousin Summer who've I've mentioned before on my blog, had her first child today in the wee hours of the morning, but enough to be declared a February birthday and share it with an uncle she will never know this side of heaven, but one day I might just tell her about her Uncle Bill...and now today holds yet another good memory.

So here she is...Sunny Lane...welcome to the family sweet girl....Happy Birthday to You :)



No comments:

Post a Comment