Thursday, April 14, 2011

Perspective

Definition of perspective via google search:

a) A particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view


b) True understanding of the relative importance of things; a sense of proportion

So my friend Lennie has been drilling into my head um, I mean, lovingly encouraging me to find perspective about some things in my life right now, and I know she really has my best interest at heart, I'm sure of it...I just don't have very good boundaries with my perspective, I'm afraid.  Meaning, I have perspective, I think, about things, but it is fleeting and flexible and not really doing me much good if I'm not really understanding the balance of things.

Multitasking is a required part of my life, for sure, with my job, my church involvement and my personal life! However, I really stink at it sometimes and I'm not afraid to say that I lose perspective of things when I get all gung-ho about something or a particular situation in my life.  I seem to lose interest, or am just too exhausted to keep up with all the day to day things and them I'm overwhelmed and then it's a big ol' cycle, etc etc...That's kinda where I am at right now.  I really have enjoyed all the fun things I've gotten to do over the last month or so, but I find myself falling further and further behind on cleaning, laundry, yard work and paperwork and there's gotta be some balance.  And there's my struggle...maintaining the balance and still feeling like I'm giving 100% to everyone or everything going on.

This week started out kinda weird, but has increasingly gotten better, and since it's been so busy I haven't had much time to even think much less make a dent in the 'I'm behind on this' list...but once our Easter drama is over this weekend, I'll be able to breathe a little bit better and be able to work back towards some kind of schedule.

I am SO blessed to have this problem...not of perspective, but of having SO many opportunities in my life to learn, grow, change and spread my wings.  I pray that I can keep my eyes ultimately focused on Him and keep that in perspective for sure!  I am thankful that my friend loves me enough to encourage me to seek perspective and I am praying that I can do just that.  I just may have to be reminded!

Blessings to all of you who stumble upon this post!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment