Monday, April 25, 2011

Wonderful Weekend!

I was very fortunate to spend some time at the campground for the long Easter weekend with my sister Jennifer and my good friend Deven.  We spent our first day with breakfast at Cracker Barrel, wandering around B and B Antique Mall and then supper at *gasp* a seafood restaurant (read my Yelp review for my take on that and for my thoughts on the antique mall - see box on the right of my blog...lol)  Below we donned some crazy hair visors, checked out some really cool booths and Deven even rode some kind of a toy...Despite the rainy, dreary day...it was great fun!


On Saturday, we sat in the sun (TOO long without proper sunscreen - ouch!) and then took a trip to a Thai restaurant in Myrtle Beach that I found on yelp too...it was really quite good!  Seriously you should try Yelp!  It's really great!  We had appetizers of chicken satay and spring rolls with a delicious sweet and sour sauce followed by entrees of Pad thai, Chicken Fried Rice and Red Curry with Chicken.  Didn't try any desserts at this restaurant - maybe next time!


On Easter Sunday morning I got up early to go the sunrise service on the beach - by far my favorite day on the beach!  What a wonderful sight to see the sun come up over the water while hearing the story of Jesus' ressurection from the grave!  He is risen, just as He said!








No comments:

Post a Comment