Monday, July 25, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

In Psalm 23:5 (the whole book of Psalm 23 is pretty awesome by the way) but I digress...Psalm 23:5 says .."You honor me as your guest, and you fill my cup until it overflows"

This analogy is in my heart and my mind today after a simply fantastic weekend with RC.  My "cup" is not only full, it is full to the point of overflowing.  It can't be contained.  It's spilling over the edge and I am having a hard time grasping ALL that the Lord has planned for us, for me and just in general in the coming days, weeks, months and years.

God's hand in my life is SO evident right now...more than I can ever remember in my adult years.  I don't have all the answers, am still a sinner saved by grace through faith and will make mistakes in the future.  It just is the way it is.  But...I am very much focused on serving God, placing my trust in Him to help lead, guide and protect me in all that I do.  I think that RC is part of the equation as far as that's concerned, but I also think that the desire I have to serve the Lord, to be committed to the relationship with HIM first...that's SO much more important than anything I could ever give or receive from RC...and it should be that way.  Our individual relationships with God should be first.  It's just one of the things that attracts me SO much to RC.  He is a Godly, loving man who isn't afraid to share what's on His heart.  You can just see God working in and through him, and it's exciting, amazing and just plain COOL!

I know I'm excited and overwhelmed and just giddy because of the newness of our relationship.  But I also know that it is because we have both prayed over this, sought counsel from friends/pastors/family and neither made the decision lightly to enter into a relationship with each other.  It's amazing the peace I have about all of it.  The changes, BIG changes, that may come because of what my future may hold.  It's scary, of course it is.  But I have a peace that, at least for the moment, is keeping me from freaking out.  And I'm grasping ahold of that and praying for the rest.  I am blessed beyond belief to be sharing this time with RC and am very much aware that God's timing, guidance and encouragement brought us together and I want to be prayerfully lifting up EVERY aspect of our relationship...I want to make sure that I am keeping my focus on God's plans and not my own, no matter how excited I am.

My cup is full to overflowing, running over without ceasing.  And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Blessings,
S

.

No comments:

Post a Comment