Thursday, July 28, 2011

Do You Ever Think in Fast Forward?

I know I do!  I want to know where things are headed, know the outcome of situations, know that everything is going to turn out okay in the end, so I try to think ahead, analyze and OVER analyze, and generally just lose ALL perspective, becoming very narrowly focused and perhaps even somewhat obsessive. And that's not always the best thing never a good idea.

I don't think I do these things because I'm not happy where I'm at during that point in time.  I think part of it is patience, in which I often have a short supply and being SO used to everything being up in the air and inconsistent and unsure, that I don't really know how to act when the Lord is in control of something and I need not worry.  The latter is where I am right now...I have so many great things going on in my life right now, and I am very blessed.  But because of the great things...there are some BIG things that can be great, probably will be great, but will require some hard work, time management and discipline.  I pretty much suck at all of those.  That may be a little dramatic, but the point is still the same.  I am struggling with keeping focused on the steps in the process, enjoying God's blessings and not trying to think too far ahead.

The bible verse I am focusing on today is how I am going to end this post that I've been drafting for two days...it says it ALL.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 New International Version (NIV)9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Praying for all of those who pass by my blog.  Blessings to you all!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment