Monday, July 25, 2011

What DOES it mean to be a Daughter of THE King?

Psalm 45 references the daughter of the king.  Have you read that verse? I probably have too at some point and I've heard the phrase many times, but thinking today about what it means...The passage talks about the king's daughters who were honorable people...among many other things, but think about this in a greater sense.  Being a daughter of THE King?  That's as noble, honorable, blessed as you can get kind of stuff.  He loves me THAT much.  When RC tells me that I am a beautiful daughter of THE King, a princess...it's really a wonderful compliment, reminder and encouragement that God has plans for me...little ol' me...and I want to be obedient, patient and honoring in that since He does think of me that way.  I have to realize that in His eyes I am HIS...He is jealous for ME...and that's no small thing...

My pastor directed me towards Romans 8 which also discusses being His child, His daughter, His son.

Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Adoption to sonship? To 'daughter'ship?  How HUGE is that?  v16 says the Spirit HIMSELF testifies with our spirit that we ARE God's children...and THEN it goes on to say we are HEIRS....of GOD...ummmm, seriously? 

Have you heard this song?
Hold Me

My favorite line in the whole song..."I love You more than the words in my brain can express" Think about it...how much we love God.  It doesn't even BEGIN to touch how much He loves us.  Considers us HIS child.  HIS son. HIS daughter.

My heart is full to overflowing and part of it is RC...part of it is a renewed commitment to serve God where He leads.  Take steps of faith.  Big ones. Little ones.  Just trusting Him. 

I don't know that I can fully grasp the concept of being a daughter of the King.  It's just too big.  It's overwhelming. But I know He died for ME and for YOU.  It's so simple, but SO powerful.  He Love Us.  Period.

Blessings,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment