Thursday, January 2, 2014

Back to Reality

RC has been off since December 23rd and had to head back to work today. We were able to get a few small projects done at the house while he was off, my favorite being the start of the transformation of a dresser to kitchen island. Here it is so far. We still need to add the top, decide what to do with the knobs and apply some kind of distress technique to get the look I want, but I love it already!
The beginning of a new month, and a new year means back to saving money. One way I like to save money and reduce preservatives is making my own bread. My sister gave me a fancy, smancy breadmaker for Christmas and I am getting ready to use it for the first time. Will update with a picture of the finished product.  Nothing smells better than fresh baked bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment