Saturday, January 4, 2014

Random Saturday Thoughts

Last night we watched "The Princess and the Frog" with the kids on Disney. I have to say I was quite disappointed with the voodoo, black magic and evil spirits that the movie focused on and around. Now, I am all for Aladdin's magic carpet or Cinderella's bippity, boppity, boo. But this movie rubbed me the wrong way. I just don't like the reality of voodoo and the witchcraft theme in a Disney movie and it will not be one we own in our house. Ever. While it may be a cartoon, the devil and evil are real and I won't choose to have that around for my kids or others to watch.  This movie came out a few years ago and following a quick search on google, I see that it did indeed meet with some controversy when released and I am not suprised. Just suprised me I guess at how dark it really was. As for me and my house, we choose no.

Christmas decor is down and the scattering of snowflakes are making their way out of the boxes for the month of January. I am tempted to make this http://www.etsy.com/listing/167275068/let-it-snow-burlap-banner?ref=cat_gallery_29 for my mantle. Love it!

For tonight, that is all. Blessings to all those who pass by here!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment