Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Infertility "Fun"

We are halfway through this egg retrieval cycle and I am hanging in there so far. The picture in this post is my morning dose of meds...looks fun, right? *Ahem* ok maybe not, but it is the way things must be done. So far we are looking at between 9 and 11 follicles that might be ready, so that would be good if they have some good quality eggs in them.

I can't say I am not a little envious of the handful of pregnant ladies in my life that just turned up pregnant without planning, but I am thankful that God has provided us with the insurance and financial means to attempt to be parents via IVF. If things go as planned, my embryo transfer will be in early April. That would be awesnome! But I am not there yet...so every day we pray that the drugs are doing their job and that we will end up with some great embryos to test and implant.
We are supposed to have snow today, which is super exciting since we don't get it often and I am super pumped! I will share some pics tomorrow if the weatherman is right!

My latest Pinterest find was a recipe for homemade coffee creamer.  I love a little coffee with my creamer,  so I drink a lot of it. And it's not exactly healthy. Funny thing is the vanilla caramel one tastes kinda like snow cream to me. I am drinking it right now and looking forward to some real snow cream later. Here is the recipe for the base and all the variations DIY Coffee Creamer To be fair the recipes aren't super healthy either, but at least they leave out the things I cannot pronounce! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment