Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dating and Eating and Museums oh MY!

This post is going to be a jumble of things because there is a lot going on in my life right now.  Meeting matches from eHarmony is the most recent addition of course, and if you've read my previous blog posts, for the most part it is going well.  I've had to weed one out this week that just has proved to be, well, weird.  Not in a oh isn't that cute? way...just weird as in, calling at odd hours, sending random 'sexy' texts and IMs...anyway...he is now out of the running for a real date....Moving on.

Date #3 with Bachelor #1 went great.  We went to The Mint Museum and enjoyed walking around, chatting about the different exhibits and him showing me some of his favorites.  Here's a pic of the museum itself and a piece of artwork in the entryway that was really beautiful.  My date was trying to get me to show him 'grabbing' this piece, but I didn't do such a good job...none the less, it was fun.  It is a Royal Blue Chandelier from the Dale Chihuly Studio Click here to see more about this piece
    

I enjoyed some Ansel Adams photography the best I think of all the exhibits (click here to see some of the current exhibits) but there were some really interesting pieces to look and the company was pretty great!  He even arrived with a gift...very sweet! (it was a copy of the 5 Love Languages for Singles by Gary Chapman...I am reading it now,pretty sure I lean toward physical touch and/or words of affirmation, but we'll see)  Since he's the first of my actual met in person dates from eH, I'd have to say I'm pleased so far with the matches for me.  This week I've had a LOT of service men...and strangely enough a handful of beekeepers in my matches....SO strange!  I have 3 dates in the next four days with bachelor #1, and I'm excited about spending some more time with him, still praying really hard for the Lord's discernment to keep me on track and guard my heart!

Still on the same dating track, I'd like to mention the eating I've done with bachelor #1.  He has such a PASSION for food, the preparation, the presentation and of course the taste...and to hear him describe a meal is almost poetic...I know, I threw up a little in my mouth too. But seriously it's true...He is passionate about art, music, food and many more things, but it's really a pleasure getting to spend time with him and share in this.  We are headed to Amelie's tomorrow night after the gallery crawl for dessert and I totally excited about that!  Saturday we're going to enjoy browsing  at Green Goat Gallery and then supper at Pinocchio's and dessert at La Cava.  I know what you're thinking...and I totally agree!  A girl could TOTALLY get spoiled like this...and I like it!  But it sure does set the bar high for the next bachelor in line...although we haven't made it to the meet in person phase yet.   I am just going to enjoy the time I spend with him or another guy and pray that the Lord will lay on both of our hearts if we should continue dating or not.

I'll be sure to take some pictures of dates 4, 5 and 6...should make for some interesting blogging.

Until then, Blessings,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment