Sunday, March 13, 2011

A treat for the eyes AND mouth...


For those of you who know me, you know that I don't have the widest palate for food.  Meaning that I stick with what I like most of the time, not because I'm scared to try something new, but well, because it's comfortable...and I have really been trying to step out of my comfort zone and see where the Lord leads.

Last night, while on date #2 with bachelor #1, which makes me happy, just so you know, We went to a restaurant in Charlotte called Copper...the pictures above are from my  meal last night.  I don't typically take my camera to a restaurant and was encouraged to do so by my date, to have some pictures to post to Yelp.com which is a really cool site I'll talk about soon.  The restaurant is in an old house that has been renovated and the colors and decorations inside are just magnificent.

Anyway, Indian cuisine is not something I would typically be exposed to, but I LOVED it!  My date ordered us Massala Chai tea/coffee - not sure which it was, but I really liked it to, once it cooled off, it arrived very, very, very hot!  We started with naan, a bread, and three dips.  One was yogurt based and not my favorite, but the other two...oh my!  I hate I didn't get a picture now, but one was green and had mint in it and I really really liked it.  The other was a chutney of some variety and was equally delicious.  The next thing to arrive was a garlic chicken appetizer and it was really good as well accompanied by some carrots that were okay, my date was much more fond of those than me.  Our main course consisted of some delicious rice that had cloves and something else I couldn't quite place and Murgh Tikka Massala (the orange dish in the pictures) I had expressed some dislike to curry, but come to find out, I do like it.  The dish is chicken in a creamed tomato based sauce and it was SO good.  We also had garlic naan with our main course, which just made it all the better!

Now my date seriously makes me smile with his love for food...it's a real passion of his, and he LOVES dessert!  We had THREE last night, and each was delicious.  First we had Kulfi, the tower looking dessert shown above which is described as a neapolitan of coconut, malai (cream) and mango with figs and blueberry "paint" in the bowl....oh my!!!!  It was creamy and smooth, but kind of icy too...I can't give you words, but it was very good.  Then we tried a Bailey's kulfi, which is the block looking dessert, and it was good too, just a hint of the bailey's creme and very smoth, but probably the least favorite, but that is kind of marginal since they were all yummy.  Lastly we had a mango gelato I think it was and it was my fav! It was so sweet, so smooth...mmmm very very good!

I really, really enjoyed trying something new and the company was great!  Date number two was a success and I hope to see him again soon...just praying this along to see what the Lord has in mind.

Have a great Sunday and blessings to you all,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment