Friday, March 4, 2011

Finally Friday Feelings

This has been a long week.  Just straight up stressful, full of this and that, late nights and early mornings.  I haven't respected my own boundaries and I've seriously got to be accountable to myself better about that.  However, the fact that I'm recognizing this struggle and have the tools to take ownership of what's in my control...means I'm growing as a whole.  And that's a great thing.

Yesterday was overall a rough day, job wise.  But when I think about it, even in that I am very blessed.  Just a few weeks ago, I was worried about my income, wondering where the money would come from.  The Lord has worked out a job for my laid off mom, and provided some additional funds through a part time child that I wasn't really expecting.  His faithfulness, grace and ability to humble me in the everyday things never ceases to amaze me.  I am very thankful for all the things in my life that He has provided.  Even the days when I am ready to pull my hair out.

I was praying for a situation in the shower this morning and just couldn't but help to think...wow...when God moves, He just flat out lets it be known.  I'll elaborate on this later as is appropriate, but for today, I am just going to continue to pray for this area of my life and trust that God will guide all of those involved.  He has instructed us no to worry.  So I'm taking that to heart today.  Not doing me any good to worry anyway, right?

It's finally Friday, and I'm pretty excited about that.  I have a hair appointment tonight and that always make a girl feel better, ya know?  And then tomorrow is wide open until a gathering at my sister's and then the Carolina vs Duke matchup...can't wait ~ bring it on Dookies, you're going down in the Dean Dome :)

I'm off to start my day.  Be thankful for the things in your life that you take for granted.  Even the crazy days.  They make us better people and I am feeling very blessed today.

Blessings,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment