Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday perspective and Weekend Recap

It's a dreary, rainy Monday in NC.  And that is NOT helping with my motivation to get things done!  The kids had to play inside today, we did as many large muscle activities that I could think of trying to wear them out before naptime today...we'll see how that works for me!

It's hard to believe we're in the last couple of days of March and April is right around the corner!  My April is super busy already and I'm still adding things to the calendar...which is kinda where my head is at today...Perspective ~ and priorities.

Looking back at some earlier posts from the month of March, I am SO blessed by what the Lord has done in my life in such a short time.  It also reminds me that in order to keep from completely going insane...my 'no' has to be exercised regularly and I'm not doing so well on that.  My boundaries are being tested by my busy schedule and I just need to remind myself about the balance that I have to maintain for myself, in my own 'yard', to have healthy relationships with the many facets of my life.  I can't be everything to everybody and I just need to respect myself enough to say so.  Even when it's not easy!

This is not a negative post by any stretch of the imagination, although it seems to be heading in that direction, so I'm going to redirect...I am feeling very excited and encouraged by all of the opportunities in my life right now to try some new things and meet new people.  I am enjoying spending some time dating and being able to taste new foods, learn more about my dates and enjoy their company.  I want to balance this new area with the craziness I already had going on because jumping both feet into a new relationship can be super exciting, but can also head towards a burnout quickly too and I definitely don't desire that.  I'm just going to pray and attempt to pump the brakes a little and slow down the runaway train so that I can enjoy the ride and take it all in! 

This past weekend I got to enjoy Thai food for the first time and it was WONDERFUL!  We had chicken satay for an appetizer with a DELICIOUS peanut sauce that was divine!  Our entrees were red and green chicken curry and both were yummy, but I prefered the red myself.  Spicy enough to make my nose run, but oh so worth it!  It was served with jasmine rice which was different but a wonderful complement to the spiciness of the main dish.  Our dessert (of course we got dessert! LOL) was mango sticky rice, which was a sweetened warm sticky rice topped with ice cream and served with fresh mango pieces...strange combination but absolutely delecious!




 We also went to a local pizza place and an Indian resturant on Saturday night, and both were okay, but neither were over the top delicious (I included pics anyway though, you're welcome)...but we tried out two more places none the less and the garlic naan was yummy as was the red onion chutney!  The main dish was Bhindi masala which was a vegetarian dish using okra and was pretty tasty!  We also sampled masala chai tea, eh..it was not too good, and some samosas, which were yummy on the outside, not so much on the potato and peas mix on the inside.  You can check out my full reviews by checking out the Yelp box on the side of my blog -------------------------------------------------------->>>>
Until next time, enjoy the pics and blessings to all of you who read this blog,
Stephanie










No comments:

Post a Comment