Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tired Thursday Thoughts

It's been a while since I posted. Mainly because I've been so stinking busy I can't seem to sit and have an organized thought long enough to write anything.  Also because I haven't been in the best frame of mind to write.  Which proabaly means I should've been writing to get out that frustration.

I mentioned in my last post about taking a bold step.  And I'm ready to discuss it a little bit.  Mainly because it's part of my frustration.  But also because I just need to vent.  I signed up for eHarmony a couple of weeks ago, and fulfilled a promise to some of my friends and family not to go through another year being a bystander in my relationship life.  So I filled out the loooong profile quiz...I can't even tell you how many questions I answered, but it was about a billion and one.  Anyway....have had quite a few matches....but only a couple 'real' interests so far (meaning making it through the communication levels to where you can freely communicate).  That being said, February was a free month to join and that meant lots of lookers but not payers which equals low response rate.  So now that March is here, we'll see if anything changes.  I am not a fan of online dating in general.  Mainly because I don't like opening myself up for rejection.  And trust me, it's there....of over 60 views to my profile in a couple of weeks, only a few have followed through to the next step...*ouch*.  Now obviously everyone is looking for what they 'like', whether it be a body shape, color hair, age whatever.  but it's really kind of a lesson in thick skin to let go of the fact that fifty something men looked at my profile and said 'nah, I'll pass' or something like that.  I am trying to keep a positive attitude about things and haven't given up hope that a situation I've been praying about will just work its way out with the Lord's guidance and I can move forward with this chapter of my life.  All of the stress around do they not like how I look (when I'm not super thrilled about it either) can make a girl crazy!

Enough about that for now...

I am blessed to have a new baby to have joined my group part time this week.  She's done a great job in transition and is a wonderful snuggler which I loooooove :)  She is teething (kinda early @ four months) and has had a ROUGH day today, but is happily sleeping in the baby wrap as I type this!  She arrives earlier than my other children because her parents are teachers, so I've had to adjust my morning routine a little since she's here at 6:30 and raring to eat and get back down for a quick nap before the others start to arive.  Hopefully next week will be even better.

This weekend is going to be pretty open and I'm hoping to get caught up on some much needed stuff around the house.  It's going to be time to work outside in the yard soon and my indoor projects are NO where near done!

Well, my time to type is done for now, because my little one is done napping...so until next time...

Blessings,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment