Friday, June 26, 2015

Confessional Friday

I have decided to link up with the fabulous Leslie from A Blonde Ambition this morning for some Friday confessions...I admit it - it's been a while since my last confessions )

I confess that I've spent more money than I'm willing to calculate on watermelon, blueberries and mealworms for my six precious chicken children recently...it's been SO hot here already and in the attempt to keep them cooled off - I've begun spoiling them SO much!  Here's a sweet video of my girls enjoying a blueberry treat with their breakfast.  Shelby Lynn is the one who hopped on my knee and decided she was ready for her closeup. 



I confess that in the above video I am wearing and old romper of my mom's that I would not want anyone to wander up in the yard and see me in.  Chicken farming is not clean business and I have to set aside clothes that I don't mind chicken poop on because every single time somebody jumps on my lap, shoulder or arm - they ALWAY have chicken poop on their feet.  Always.  I have also found that they like to peck at freckles, age spots and veins in my legs.  So there's that.
I confess that we leave for the beach one week from today and I haven't even made a to - do list, much less started packing for it.  Which means next week will be a frenzy of two days of my Nannie job, one day of shopping/picking up supplies and one day to pack - yeah, I'll need a vacation from that for sure!
I confess that I really want this bathing suit top from Target.  I tried it on at a local store, but was too worried about the crocheted fringe looking wonky after basking in the sun for a while.  But when I tried it on - it really is super cute!  I also confess that I'll be close to the aforementioned Target tonight having supper with my inlaws and I may already be planning a driveby to try it on again. 
I confess that this picture pretty much sums up my life lately - taking care of the garden and the chickens - and I couldn't be happier - the cucumbers, zucchini and squash are coming in and the chickens are getting ever so close to laying eggs and I can't wait!

I confess that I took a perfectly healthy squash and made these squash fritters for supper last night and they were delish!  The recipe is super simple and other than the pain of frying during the heat of summer and stinking up the house - I would totally make them again.  This recipe calls for 2 cups finely chopped squash, 1 cup finely chopped onion, 1 beaten egg, 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Bisquick and 1 tsp each salt and pepper (I also lightly salted them after frying) - Fry in medium high oil for a few minutes on both sides until golden brown.  I used a cookie scoop to portion them and they ended up being kind of the size of fluffy squash hushpuppies.  We loved them.

I confess that this video of Candace Cameron Bure (DJ Tanner from Full House if you don't recognize the name) that I saw via a friend's Facebook post - makes me happy.  Not only because it's the way I think, feel and understand the Biblical idea of submission in a marriage should be, but also because she isn't afraid to speak truth even when it's unpopular.  The word submission seems to bring the mental picture of a wife bowing down to her husband, being weak, controlled and without an opportunity to be herself.  But that couldn't be further from the truth.  God has called our men to lead in our homes, to be strong and courageous, bold and fearless.  He also calls us, as wives, to stand beside them, encouraging our husbands, LETTING them lead.  Yes, I can make decisions for myself, I am a smart, strong, independent woman.  I CHOOSE to let RC lead.  He is called to do it.  He doesn't always get it right, but I love him and encourage him anyway.  Our marriage is a blessing and I know that my submission is part of that and I don't apologize for it or try and explain it to someone who opposes it.  It's your decision how to live your life and this is how I choose to live mine.

I hope that all of you who passed by here today will have a wonderful weekend! 
Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. Those squash fritters sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my they were! And SO easy - they are a must repeat for sure! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to need you to make me the squash fritters from the squash that David just sent me---yes I know tha tI can do it but we both know it will taste better if you dod it!

    ReplyDelete