Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Favorites

Hi There! It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday!  I am gearing up for a super busy weekend of scrapbooking, leading 2nd and 3rd graders, gardening and chicken raising!  But before I do, I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci for Friday Favorites!


Now today I'm offering up a mixture of favorites that are near and dear to my heart.

I'll start with this shot from Memorial Day with my sweetie at the beach.  My favorite guy in my favorite place wearing my favorite pink visor!
 
 
This may look like an average breakfast to you - and I suppose it is, but for me it's an act of service to my husband that he appreciates and I love doing for him.  I am NOT a morning person, but he is and he's off to work by 7am to provide for our family.  I grew up in a house where my momma cooked all 3 meals for us - there were no pop-tart, frozen waffles and rarely even cereal - except on vacations when my sister and I got to pick up a package of those single serve cereals - those were the BEST.  I observed my momma cook breakfast for my dad my whole life and it made an impact on me how she served him, even on days when she was tired, frustrated or not feeling good.  So I happily spend that time with him every day, even thought it's only 20 minutes or so.  It's my favorite way to start the day.
 


This is worth getting up early for and touches my heart every day!  After he eats, my hubby reads a chapter of the Bible to me.  This week we finished up James and moved into 1 Peter.  I love that it's important to my husband to spend that time together and read the Bible and pray together each day.  He is normally in his business attire at this point, but he was running behind and didn't want a naked chest picture on my blog, so the t-shirt had to do.  :)



My new favorite start to my day is letting my chickens out of the coop in the morning.  They go to bed about 8pm and I lock them in to protect them from nighttime predators.  So they are ready to get out come morning for breakfast, water and to stretch their cute little legs.  Here's a shot of what I see when I open the door...and they start cheeping and chirping as they hear my boots on the ground out the back door. 
 
And last but certainly not least - this picture of my husband headed to work on Thursday.  He is wearing a USC Gamecock tie that belonged to my daddy that passed away in 1996 and wore this in the early 70s when he and my momma lived in Columbia.  It's vintage, it's on my favorite guy's neck and it belonged to my favorite daddy in the whole wide world! Score!
 
 
 
Thanks for tagging along for my Friday Favorites - Have a great weekend! Be a blessing!
 
From South Carolina,
Stephanie
 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, these are all great! And I am LOL about the tie---oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He's worn it a couple of times, but it makes me laugh every time! Keeping up the Gamecock tradition. Daddy would be proud :D

      Delete