Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Memos

It's Monday again - how in the world did it get here so fast?  This weekend was a blur for me, I don't know about y'all, but shew!  The countdown is on for vacation this Friday...sixteen days of sitting my fanny in my beach chair or on my campsite, and I am so ready. 




 

We finally had rain Saturday...and a bit of a break from the crazy high temperatures of the last few weeks and I'm SO thankful for both.  The ground was so hard and dry from no rain at all that it had a hard time soaking it all in and we had standing water everywhere!  This is a peek out my back door at the rain, the garden and my chicken coop - and I was so excited to see the whole yard get a little wet!  Speaking of garden - look at these lovelies that I finally got to pick in addition to 4 cucumbers - this girl is super happy!
 

The girls weren't crazy about the rain and spent a lot of time in the coop on Saturday, but they did manage to get a little dust bath pit dug out for themselves - this picture was taken at bedtime - Gracie Lou showed her booty and said NO to a picture and is turned around backwards...and the rest are probably thinking "mom, what the heck is that bright flash? Let us go to bed already!"
 
I was able to play groupie to my favorite bass player on Sunday when he was asked to help out a band in my hometown for the day.  I got to hug a bunch of necks of folks I haven't seen in years and it was pretty awesome to see them.  It's funny how years, age and just forgetful minds can make it seem like no time has passed at all.  Many of them I went to church with growing up and due to a church split (which I don't wish on my worst enemy) I haven't spent much time with them in over 10 years.  Their pastor spoke on several current events and the things that stuck with me after service was the analogy of laying down in front of those far from God, clinging to their knees and trying to share His love and mercy with them.  We don't have to agree with everyone, but we are called to share the good news with those who haven't heard.  Hell is real and our God is bigger.  It's not too late because He hasn't come back yet!  Be bold and courageous in YOUR community!
 
My meatless Monday meal includes this Pinterest find and you can check the recipe out here.  I'll let you know how it turns out!  I have been hankering a buttermilk pie, so I think that's on tap for this week as well...
Recipe:  Baked Summer Squash  — Recipes from The Kitchn
 
Monday's music includes some oldie goldie praise songs like "Mighty to Save" taken from Zephaniah 3:17 - we sang that at the church my husband played at Sunday and it's been stuck in my head since...and I still like it.  Another rolling around in my head is Gungor's "Beautiful Things", I just love that one too!  Here it is if you haven't heard it before...
 
 
Our worship team cracked the mold a bit yesterday and did this song - it's a David Crowder song, and a bit off our norm, but kinda cool... Enjoy!
Time for some Not Me thoughts for the week...
 
I certainly didn't make a trip to the only Walmart in town ON A SATURDAY to get a watermelon for my chickens, nope, Not me...that's insanity right there!
 
I didn't have my husband take me back to Target to buy the bathing suit top I didn't get on my last trip because it has a crochet decoration on the front that I love, though I am almost certain it won't wash well...but it's super cute and I really liked it...here it is in case you are a plus size gal like me and in the market for a bathing suit top - not that I would encourage impulse shopping or anthing, not me!
 
I certainly didn't upgrade my phone at the Verizon store Friday night and end up with a $700 phone, paying $30 a month on their new Edge plan - because NO sane person pays that much for a phone, do they, I think NOT!  But I got the Galaxy Note 4, which will be outdated in October, but I sure do like it.  But $700...sheesh?!?!  I liken cell phone stores to used car lots....yuck!
 
 
That's all for today folks!  Join me tomorrow for Ten Tuesday thoughts...Have a great day!
 
Stephanie 


4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the suit! Operation Vacation is officially on countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gungor's Beautiful Things! Such a good song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just is, right? I love the words, the music and that it's a bit different! :D

      Delete