Wednesday, June 3, 2015

What's Up Wednesday?

Today I'm following my sister's cue over on her blog at Much Ado About Jenny and giving you some insight about my week!  I always enjoy seeing what she has posted, so here we go!

What we're reading in the Bible this week...
 My husband reads a chapter of the Bible after breakfast each weekday morning and this week we are in James.  Tuesday we read James 3 and this second half stood out as wise words for many of us today.  This is the Message version,  just because I like the wording.

Live Well, Live Wisely

13-16 Do you want to be counted wise, to build a reputation for wisdom? Here’s what you do: Live well, live wisely, live humbly. It’s the way you live, not the way you talk, that counts. Mean-spirited ambition isn’t wisdom. Boasting that you are wise isn’t wisdom. Twisting the truth to make yourselves sound wise isn’t wisdom. It’s the furthest thing from wisdom—it’s animal cunning, devilish conniving. Whenever you’re trying to look better than others or get the better of others, things fall apart and everyone ends up at the others’ throats.
17-18 Real wisdom, God’s wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced. You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor. James 3:13-18

What I'm Eating This Week...
Well, I wish it was something exciting, but not so much.  I have been on a salad kick the past couple of weeks and most meals this week have included one.  I mean what's not to love when you add the sunflower seeds, croutons, peppers, cucumbers and carrots?  Plus tangy honey mustard dressing - yep...by that point the nutrition is pretty much shot, but I think it's still better than a bag of chips.  I also bought a bag of Mega Peanut M & M's.
Ok, so here's what I didn't know and probably should have - there are NOT more M & M's in this mega bag.  There are bigger peanuts covered in thicker chocolate.  Totally not what I expected - am I the only one who didn't know this?
What I'm Looking Forward to This Week...
I am an advisor for Creative Memories (visit my site right here) and I'm hosting an all day scrapbooking event from 9am to 9pm on Saturday where we'll eat, chat, fellowship, oh and work on our scrapbooks a little too!

What I'm Loving This Week...
I would have to say I'm pretty smitten with my chickens...They are growing so fast - and I love their little personalities and how they get so excited when I bring out the mealworms.  In case you missed my post about all things chicken - you can get caught up right here, but I'll post their picture one more time, just because I can :)

What I'm Hating This Week...
I am really hating whatever is getting into my corn!  We thought it was squirrels, but I'm not positive.  We put wire cages around them and hung pie pans from stakes as motion deterrents last night, but today they are knocked over and the seeds I replanted dug up.  I am an animal lover through and through, but I would seriously take something and throw at this critter if I caught it in the act.

What I'm Laughing About This Week...
I would say the funniest thing this week so far happened Tuesday night when I got caught INSIDE the chicken coop when a storm rolled in.  I was trying to get the girls into the coop for the night and tidying up, raking, cleaning up poo - all that fun stuff and it thundered once or twice and then the bottom fell out and I still had to latch the windows and doors for nighttime safety.  Thankfully my sweet hubby rescued me and brought me my raincoat...but now I'll have to change out the water and add food in the morning because it got too dark to go back out when the rain had passed.

What I'm Going To Try in a Couple of Weeks:
To get through yet another sweet Nannie's child's graduation and party without blubbering.  It's hard to believe these kids are old enough to be done with high school and about to embark on their adult lives.  They were just in diapers the other day I swear.

What I'm Watching This Week:
I just got caught up on the new season of Deadliest Catch - and I'll be honest, the tribute to Phil Harris that aired in April had this ol' gal crying.  His oldest son shared a lot about his dad, his struggles with his brother's drug addictions and trying to keep the Cornelia Marie afloat.  Watching his dad's video clips in the hospital just broke my heart as he was saying his goodbyes and acknowledging his failures as a dad in the many years he was at sea instead of attending ball games, PTA programs and sitting at the supper table.  I also watched the last two episodes of Stalker for this season...YIKES!  I can't watch them alone, but they suck me in every single time, and I end up watching through my fingers or hollering at the TV for them to get out!

What I'm Listening To This Week:
Our worship pastor at New River Church, Kyle Wilkinson, made his first CD recently and I find myself listening to it pretty much every time I'm in the car.  You can check it out here and also take a look at his YouTube channel here.  I also am loving this new to me, yet not recently released tune I heard at my sister's church and just loved it.  Here is the YouTube video of it!
 
 
All righty folks, that's all for today - Hope you have great day!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment