Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Memos


Good Monday morning to you and yours!  It's a new week and it's going to be a scorcher here in SC in the mid to upper 90s all week...YUCK!  I had quite a busy weekend and honestly feel like I may need a weekend to recover from the weekend - do you ever feel like that???

We celebrated my mother in laws birthday on Friday at a place called BT's Burger Joint that is quickly becoming a family favorite.  Dining with my in-laws is sometimes quite a feat in and of itself and this trip is no exception.  They are loud, proud and always the life of whatever restaurant we go to, bless 'em.  She really is a blessing to our family and I am so honored to have her in my life!

Saturday was a whirlwind trip to NC for the day for a graduation and dance recital.  Another one of my Nannie's kids graduated from high school and is headed to Wingate this fall to make her mark on the world.  I think she is going into special education, but that may have changed...Here's a collage from her big day!
 
 
My bestest friend's little (although not so little) girl had her 7th recital at the same dance studio her mom and I took dance from waaaay back in the day.  Here she is in all of her cuteness! She dance in 3 numbers and sang a solo from Wicked (she takes vocal lessons through the studio) .  She really is pretty awesome in my completely biased opinion!
 
 


Fast forward to Sunday evening and I haven't made a meal plan for the week.  I have to work Monday and Tuesday and my week is a bit crazy even after that!  I think our meatless meal will be veggies and pasta using some fresh zucchini and squash from a friend's garden since mine are not big enough yet.  I'll add some mushrooms, peppers and onions and the hubby won't even miss the meat! (I hope!)

Music for this week has been a bit scattered, but we are singing a new one at church that I'm kinda digging called Great Things (Worth It All) from Elevation Worship and a guy my husband knows, Carl Cartee co-wrote it (You can check his music out here).  Here is the video if you'd like to check it out.

 
 
Finally a few Not Me's for the last of Monday's Memos:
 
I would have never accused one of the dogs of pooping in house and realize later that I have chicken poo on the leg of my pants and it was actually me that stunk, Nope Not Me...no way.
 
I certainly haven't gone yet another weekend without putting away my Easter eggs and spring grass - it's beyond ridiculous now, but I would never do that, Nope Not Me!  I mean it's almost July 4th for crying out loud!
 
I haven't been trying to figure out why a guy got arrested at the dance recital I attended Saturday and why he looked vaguely familiar - the chatter was that he was a cyber stalker and they caught him because of his Facebook page - It's certainly none of my nosey nelly business and I always worry about myself and nobody else.  I would never scan the police blotter to see if anything was posted, only to realize that he was my prom date in the early 90's and that's why I recognized him.  Nope that didn't happen to me, no way!  You can't make this stuff up folks!
 
 
Have a great week folks! 
Stephanie


3 comments:

  1. Ha!! That last "Not Me" is hilarious! Sounds like a great (& busy!) weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, Lori! It made me laugh out loud too! (even though it's kinda disturbing in a way) :) Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Great Post!!! I'm like you too!! I need a recovery weekend sometimes too!! YIKES about that stalker guy but I am laughing so hard!!

    ReplyDelete