Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday Memos


Greetings from warm and muggy South Carolina on this Monday morning!  I have decided that if I am going to attempt to get my blogging routine back on track by having a few themed days each week to keep me motivated, so I've decided that Mondays (at least for now) will be full of Monday Memos - this week's edition including a weekend round up, our Meatless Monday Meal plan, Monday Music and some Not Me Monday funnies.

I struggled a bit last week to get my to do lists completed, and I paid the price for it on Friday when I was grocery shopping at nearly 9pm and still had to come home and prep food for my all day crop Saturday.  My sweet husband helped me do some food prep and load the car and we finally fell into the bed about midnight.  I knew I had to get rolling about 6am to get the chickens up, get dressed, load the food and get to my scrapbooking location by 8am.  Shew!  I had a great time with my gals though and they got a bunch of pages done!  If you're interested in Creative Memories, please don't hesitate to visit my website at www.creativememories.com/user/stephaniecope!  Here are a few pictures from our event.

A few of the girls hard at work preserving their family memories!  I love it!

How smart was my customer Robin - she carried all of her supplies in ONE trip with her collapsible wagon.  AWESOME!
 
A little bit of my inventory set up for them to shop.


My husband and I could both benefit from a healthier diet and I have been looking at ideas to start doing Meatless Monday Meals in order to scale back on calories, eat a little less from the factory farms and reduce our weekly food budget.  This week's supper is going to be a mushroom, red bell pepper, onion, tomato and sweet basil quiche with French toast, real maple syrup and watermelon for dessert.  I am pretty excited and can't wait until we can make quiche  with eggs from our own chickens, but for now, I'll use sweet basil from the garden. We won't even miss the meat!  By the way this is my go to quiche recipe - I never make it exactly as shown - but I do use it as a base recipe, using the eggs, milk and spices as noted, but then adding my own ingredients.  It's a bit of trial and error each time, but always turns out delicious!

Music is a very big part of my life, singing, playing the piano, listening to my husband play and sing and just listening to my iPod or K-Love radio. I listen mostly to Christian music, but do love my 80's and 90's flashback music for sure!  Here are a couple of favs from the radio I like a lot right now...Drops in the Ocean that references this awesome passage of scripture from Ephesians. 

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God .Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)

Second on is More Than You Think I Am by Danny Gokey from American Idol heritage and I just love him!  This one speaks to how big our God is, yet how intimately He knows and loves each one of us...check it out - it's pretty great!
 
Finally for Monday Memos - I'm going to steal/borrow without asking flatter the original user of "Not Me Monday" (a blogger I used to follow who no longer uses the phrase on her blog, but I think of it often when I do silly things, so I'm going to use it because I love it)...
I did not eat this whole California Chicken Sandwich and side of steak fries on Sunday at The Hickory Tavern.  It was definitely not loaded with sautéed mushrooms, pepper jack cheese and guacamole...I mean I'm supposed to be watching my calories, so I couldn't have cleaned my plate, Nope, Not me.
  

This redneck contraption of a play area for my six chickens did not get improvised by me after a panic attack where my chickens didn't follow me into the pen on the other side of the yard - I would never do something so tacky in my backyard to give my chickens time out of the coop - Nope, Not Me!
 
I certainly didn't go outside to clean my coop Sunday in an old cotton smocked sundress and my gardening boots and proceed to work in the garden afterwards and come in covered in dirt, sevin dust and diatomaceous earth, because surely I care about how I dress at all times, so that couldn't have been me. Nope, Not me!   I certainly have never told my husband don't take a picture of my gardening outfit (usually complete with crazy knee socks to prevent chafing from my boots) and tell him he is not allowed to post any kind of pictures like that anywhere...Nope, Not Me.
 
So, there you have it - Monday Memos straight up.  I hope you have a wonderful day!
 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment