Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

  1. I found this paper in some of my dad's stuff last week and I love the little bio it had on him - its from 1976.  Love that smile :)
  2. I have recently started watching The Americans on Amazon Prime - it's been on for three seasons already, but as a Felicity fan, I love seeing Keri Russell.  I like it so far, but I think there's a unnecessary amount of nudity, sex scenes and the like.  Maybe it's my age/morals/personal preference, but I just think the storyline would be interesting without all of that. 
  3. My beach vacation is coming up in two weeks, and I haven't even started a to-do list, and that is SO unlike me.  I must fix this. Pronto.
  4. The kids I am watching this summer a couple days a week watch the craziest shows on Cartoon Network.  One is the Amazing World of Gumball - which is just weird and the other I can't remember the name of the other one, but I miss old school cartoons.  One episode on Monday referenced the "We are the World" fundraiser for Africa - completely made over for their plea for a new video game...ummm - are the kids today even aware that there was such a thing and at the time it was pretty serious?  I don't get it?!?!  Just sayin'
  5. This cute little fella belongs to the family that I Nannie for - he is in the throes of potty training, and boy do I NOT miss those days with my own dogs - accidents here, accidents there, accidents everywhere!
     
  6. If you read my post yesterday, you saw the recipe I linked to for the squash and zucchini bake - I made it Monday night and it was delish!  I used Colby jack cheese because that's what I had, but we really liked it!
  7. This is probably the worst picture I've ever posted willingly, but even with that said, it makes my heart happy - this sweet girl is my easter egger hen named Shelby Lynn and she loves for me to hold her in the evenings before bedtime...she will fuss at me if I'm not sitting down and then hop up on my lap and lay her head on my arm or in the crook of my elbow for me to stroke her back...makes me a happy chicken mama!
  8. I had the chance yesterday to bring out an oldie but goodie Nannie toy.  This is one of the models still sold, but if you find them anywhere and in condition, it's worth the money...they fold down to minimize space and all ages of kids enjoy them.  The littlest guy in my charge asked me to bring this one today - and I'm happy to oblige!  I love timeless toys that I have gotten way more than my money's worth out of over the years.  I recently saw this model of the house, I would have LOVED to have had the appliances - how neat would that be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment